- office doors suddenly have lots of cartoons on them and you have to study 16th century Spain to understand them (or other historical niche)
- conversations of "oh my god, and no one talked ... at all" can be heard after sections let out
- live bodies actually come by my office and talk to me as I matter somehow
- no food remains from any event
- popcorn smell hits floor and exclamations of "popcorn, that's such a good idea" are heard cascading down the hall
- Foucault mentioned at least 1x per day, usually not positively
Friday, September 14, 2012
You Know the Graduate Students are Back When...
Today's Friday funny hit me when I entered our department kitchen the other day and was overwhelmed by the sweet nostalgic aroma of Ramen noodles (chicken flavored, I believe). It got me thinking about the funniest parts of being a graduate student and how we know when they're back for good:
Any others to add???
Posted by Edward J. Blum at 10:38 AM